I’m actually in time to post this. \o/
I’m going to repost what I’m looking for because no one has found it yet. xD
I am seeking a book I can remember the details of, but not the title.
Okay this is a book I read a long time ago. I remember most of the details, even though I read it a long time ago. Now I’ve been longing to read it again. >.<
1. It was an anthology. Different authors, but it had the same storyline in each story.
2. It was about some race, but humans mistake them as angels. I think what they are called starts with an E, not sure about that part though.
3. Can tell when their mate, girlfriend, whatever you want to call them, is pregnant.
4. I think there are 3 or 4 stories in this.
5. The cover was simple, I think.
6. The males of this race/species can easily get a woman pregnant – even if they are close to the age where they can’t.
7. They (the males) come from a different dimension or higher Earth, something like that.
8. In one of the stories, one of the males was trapped in a temple, but a woman notices that he is one of the races that makes it easier for women to get pregnant and has fun with him – while he is tied to the ground. He gets freed, and stays with him at her apartment. Then someone from another lord comes to take his head, kidnaps the woman, man has to save. He leaves the woman when he kills the other guy, and then comes back into her life. And some point in the point a conversation like this… “Quiet, <girl’s name>. I need to make sure our child is all right.” This is after she has been drugged.
9. Fighting between lords/kings/something like that.
10. I think in another story that a different girl builds a time/dimension machine and brings another guy to Earth. I think that’s another one of the stories
11. Most of the guys act superior over humans.
“It definitely left me wondering if there were more adult geared—romantic, horror, or even erotic—tales featuring some of my favorites like Snow White, Beauty and the Beast, the Frog Prince, Red Riding Hood, the Brave Little Tailor, Rumpelstiltskin… even retellings of classics like Jane Eyre or Great Expectations. I just can’t seem to find many that I haven’t already read.”
Okay, let’s see if I can find any. The only retelling I have read is for Frankenstein. The title is The Casebook of Victor Frankenstein, and it is pretty interesting — but I would read the original first. ;)
Now for adult books I haven’t read, I found several lists on Good Reads and Amazon and other sites.
Sorry I couldn’t help more. xD Hopefully the links will keep you a little busy. :P